With the holidays around the corner, I thought it would be fun to share some gift ideas for all you book lovers out there, to add to your list or to give to the bibliophile in your life (click on each photo for link to website).
- A book subscription. For example, London-based Peirene Press will send you or your loved one a new book every four months. They specialize in European Literature (in translation).
- The Last Book by Reinier Gerritsen. Based on the idea that traditional paperbacks are disappearing and, therefore, the last physical book you might see could very well be in the hands of someone reading in the subway. This is mainly a book of photographs of people reading in the NYC subway: a celebration of the book as object.
- Lumio Book Lamp. Illuminate any library with this beautiful book lamp from the Museum of Modern Art. When closed it looks like a hardcover book, when opened it transforms into a fascinating light.
- Paper Passion Perfume. A perfume that hints of the scent of paper. The packaging is beautiful in itself as it’s a book (the perfume bottle is nestled inside the pages).
- Le Petit Prince onesie. Celebrate the little prince in your life (comes in different sizes, even in adult t-shirts for the big prince in your life).
- Banned book socks. One foot makes a statement, the other isn’t allowed to.
- A reading rubber duck for all you fellow bath readers out there.